MHIMA is the trusted source to lead the health informatics and information management community to advance professional practice and standards.
MHIMA… leading the advancement and ethical use of quality health information to promote health and wellness statewide
- Our role as recognized leaders in health information management, informatics, health data technology and innovation
- Member’s continuing education and leadership development
- Promotion of ethical and appropriate use of health information in accordance with AHIMA’s Code of Ethics.
- Advocacy and interdisciplinary collaboration with other professional organizations
- Advancement of innovative and ethical health informatics and information management practices.
- The public’s right to accurate and confidential personal health information.
Development, implementation and use of electronic health records and other automated technologies, based on HIM best practices and standards, to facilitate health information exchange and quality healthcare.
Join AHIMA Today
When someone joins AHIMA, he or she automatically becomes a member of 1 of 52 Component State Associations (CSAs). CSAs offer the chance to network and build relationships on a local level.